Sunday, May 23, 2004

E-Mails To Wally #1

To The Honorable Wally Herger,

I was doing some research on Congressional votes and I was wondering if you or your staff could clear up a few votes for me.

  1. Public Law 107-56 (aka The Patriot Act) - A number of people complained they did not have time to even read the entire bill before voting. Did you have a chance to read and review the bill before you voted for it? I understand that this was almost 3 years ago, but it is a very important law.
  2. Public Law 105-298 (aka The Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998) - This is recorded as a voice vote. Can you tell me if you voted for or against? I'm not familiar with the exact protocol of the voice vote, so if you cannot answer that question I understand.
  3. Public Law 105-304 (aka Digital Millennium Copyright Act aka DMCA) This is also recorded as a voice vote. Again, if there is something that prevents you from disclosing your voice vote, apologies in advance.

Sincerely,
Patrick Berry

No comments: