Tuesday, May 25, 2004

New Financial Disclosure Report?

There hasn't been a whole lot of Wally News™ as of late. I'm still awaiting replies to my first two e-mails. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure he will not respond via e-mail, but rather with a nice 3 page form letter. But Wally did just barely show up in an AP story today picked up Newsday.

Rep. Rob Simmons, R-Conn., took five trips, traveling to Beijing for a week last October, funded by the US-Asia Foundation. He also traveled to Oakland, Calif., funded by KARE, a western logging industry group, to view the Klamath National Forest.

He took the Klamath trip at the behest of Rep. Wally Herger, R-Calif., and later voted in favor of the Healthy Forests Restoration Act, which authorized $760 million for projects to clear and thin forests to reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfire.

Now going on a trip, seeing the Klamath National Forest, and then voting for HFRA is nothing out of the ordinary. What really caught my eye was that some big tell all Congressional Financial Disclosure report must have just been published. I've been searching for this since I saw the story and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have the scoop on where this report is published?

Clarification: Wally asked Simmons to take the trip. I don't think I made it clear that I understood that Wally really didn't do anything here. My point all along was that there is a report out there with lots of details and I can't seem to find it.

No comments: