Sunday, January 15, 2006

Genetic Labels for Food Products

Wally, unsurprisingly*, is against it. Boxer thinks that if we give this information to people we export food to, we should give it to people who buy it here.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. There is so much misinformation and FUD about genetics out there right now. Genetic engineering is happening naturally everyday. Yes, I understand that this is with "natural" genes and not man-made ones. Yes, there are dangers in the choices that can be made in creating an organism with new characteristics. Yes, instead of it happening randomly it would have been created intentionally. Still...I don't know where I stand.

* - That is if you subscribe to the quaint idea that the GOP wants less government, which as we now know is a bunch of bull.

No comments: