Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Does Wally Agree with Issa?

They say the best defense is a good offense...
Almost immediately, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) went on the offense, telling the women, “I don’t think your testimony today is particularly germane to the oversight of this committee.” He added, “One question I have is, the opening statement, who wrote it?”
Nothing like attacking the messenger. Wally, do you agree with your fellow California Representative? Should these widows just keep their mouths shut for another Friedman like Bill Kristol says? Do they hate America? Are they terrorists for speaking out? Should we send them to Gitmo? This may sound like I'm engaging in hyperbole simply for dramatic effect, but when members of Congress play games like this, I ask these questions with 100% sincerity. I (foolishly?) expect more than Fox News tactics from my representatives.

No comments: